In an increasingly digital first B2B world, companies looking to expand their total addressable market and connect with the right decision makers can reap the benefits of integrating digital awareness campaigns into their outreach programmes.
From programmatic advertising, paid media, and email nurture there are many options for companies to boost awareness and engagement with their brand digitally. When integrated correctly, focused digital awareness campaigns can be integral towards achieving specific goals throughout the sales cycle.
Digital marketing challenges for B2B marketers:
Digital can be hard to get right, especially in the B2B space and 39% of B2B marketers say that one of their biggest challenges is balancing traditional and digital marketing channels.
The digital space is a highly saturated environment as people are inundated with content whether it be in their social feeds or email inbox. This puts the pressure on for B2B marketers to stand out and be relevant to their customers’ needs in order to break through the noise and grab their attention.
Additionally, whilst digital activity encompasses a wide range of actions and platforms, businesses can risk spreading their marketing resources thin trying to cover all their bases on each platform. However, the most effective strategies for digital outreach are focused on matching the right audience to the right message on the right platform at the right time.
Steps for successful digital outreach:
Before launching your digital campaign, it’s key to take the time to determine your strategy and complete the following steps:
- Position your brand: The most important questions you should be able to answer are: How is your product different from other brands? How does it solve your customer’s problems? Determining and communicating your unique selling proposition (USP) is key to raising awareness of your brand.
- Identify your target audience: Once you have established what your USP is, you need to know who you need to speak to and who is going to buy your product, so you can understand their potential needs and pain points. Typically, the ideal customer profile (ICP) in B2B will be decision makers and influencers within your target market. E.g., IT Managers if you’re selling IT hardware.
- Segment your market: Different messaging will resonate with different profiles within your target market. Dividing your outreach by vertical, job title, management level will help you to tailor your messaging based on different needs and expectations of the different groups.
- Understand your competitors: By researching your competitors you can better understand the current market landscape. This will help you build your messaging to differentiate your product or service. It is also an opportunity to identify any gaps where your offering can be improved to address more niche problems that are not being solved by you or your competitors.
- Integrate your online and offline outreach: Although digital is highly important in building brand awareness and trust, people still like to buy from people. So, if you don’t have BDR and SDR resources in place to add a human touch to your outreach, it’s harder to convert your clicks and impressions to closed revenue.
Digital marketing strategies:
There are different aspects of digital marketing that can be included in your strategy. It’s important to tailor your approach and choose the best communication channel to connect with your ICP to maximise budget spending.
- Content Marketing: This focuses on customer education rather than direct sales by creating informative long form content such as blogs, whitepapers, and articles. Content Marketing is an opportunity to use thought leadership as a way to attract potential customers.
- Email Marketing: Incorporating email marketing allows you to build a more direct relationship with your prospect. Emails can be used to follow up content marketing strategies, provide prospects with regular updates about your product or service or to nurture middle of the funnel leads. It’s important to use segmentation so your message lands with the right people at the right time.
- Paid Social: Social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are invaluable when trying to reach a large audience. While you can push content organically on these platforms, paid advertising ensures your campaign will be seen. Social media ads are typically very visual which can help familiarize your audience with your brand even more.
- Programmatic advertising: This method involves the use of automated systems to purchase and display ads across various digital platforms. Programmatic advertising is a highly targeted approach that ensures your message reaches the right audience at the right time. By using real-time data and algorithms, you can optimize your ad placements for maximum efficiency.
Benefits of digital awareness campaigns:
- Building trust and thought leadership: Digital awareness campaigns, particularly content marketing, provide an opportunity to position your brand as a thought leader in your industry. By offering valuable, informative content, you build trust with your audience and establish yourself as an authority, which can lead to long-term customer relationships.
- Expanded reach and visibility: By using various digital platform you can reach a diverse audience, including prospects who you may not have been able to connect with via traditional channels. With the right strategy you can land your messaging in your target markets.
- Enhanced customer understanding: Digital marketing gives fantastic metrics that can not only demonstrate the value of the marketing team’s hard work, but also give you valuable insight into what your prospects are interested in and their behaviour.
- Data driven insights: Once you gather your metrics and insights, these can be applied to optimizations of your campaigns to improve your strategy and boost awareness even further amongst your target audience.
- Improved customer experience: By engaging with your audience through various digital channels, you can provide a more personalized and responsive customer experience. Responding to inquiries, addressing concerns, and offering timely support fosters a positive relationship between your brand and your customers.
- Enhanced lead generation: When integrated correctly, focused digital campaigns can be integral towards achieving specific goals throughout the sales cycle. When digital campaigns are run simultaneously with a complete BDR outreach strategy, this can aid customer education, identify in-market customers, warm up and nurture leads to push them through the funnel and optimise pipeline.
Unchain your growth with BNZSA’s Digital Awareness services:
BNZSA has recently launched its new and improved digital services to help our clients get in front of their customers and build brand awareness. The new offering consists of three different packages (Curious Minds, Restless Brain, and Stellar Executors) which build from early stages of awareness to high-level visibility and reach.
Our specialisation in the tech market gives us a unique expertise to build campaigns with a B2B focused approach. Additionally, our extensive experience in telemarketing allows us to offer integrated campaigns that mix digital and telemarketing outreach.
Additionally BNZSA inTNT, our newest intent data solution offers enhanced human and AI verified, digital activation to generate compliant leads while also boosting brand awareness.
To learn more about our Digital Awareness packages, get in touch today.